The UBC360CLT is an economical base/bedside radio scanner that has an alarm clock and normal AM/FM radio and has the facility to program in civil airband frequencies.
- Channel Memory Scanning — Scans frequencies you have stored in any of the channels or banks at a rate of 50 channels per second.
- Memory Availability — Store and then scan any of up to 300 channels distributed over 10 banks.
- Direct Channel Access — Press 0 − 9 and HOLD to directly access any stored frequency.
- Channel Lockout/Frequency Lockout — Skip over stored frequencies (channels) using the Lockout feature to enable faster scanning.
- Lets you designate up to 50 frequencies each to skip during a search (limit or Aircraft) to increase the scanning speed.
- Alarm Clock with Snooze — provides standard radio broadcasts that you can set as your alarm sound.
- AM/FM — lets you store up to 30 preset broadcast channels (10 AM and 20 FM) for quick access.
- Priority Channel — Designate a specific frequency as a Priority Channel. Then the radio scans and checks that channel every 2 seconds.
- Select and designate up to 10 frequencies as Priority Channels (one per bank).
- Duplicate Channel Alert — Lets you know that a selected frequency has already been programmed into memory if you attempt to store it again.
- Limit Frequency Searching — Lets you designate lower and upper frequency range and search within that range for active frequencies. You can then store frequencies in memory as channels for later recall. Aircraft Band Search — Lets you designate the preprogrammed Aircraft Band channels to search.
Scan and Search Speed
• Scan Speed 50 channels per second maximum in SCAN MODE.
• Search Speed 50 steps per second maximum in SEARCH MODE.
• TURBO MODE For frequency steps 5kHz apart, searching occurs in Turbo Mode which is 150 steps per second.
- Clock Display — the scanner, in standby mode, displays the time. The clock also features an alarm that can sound up to 20 minutes or be shut off manually. A convenient snooze button lets you silence the alarm for an extra 5-minutes.
- Delay — you can enable or disable the 2-second delay to resume scanning when a transmission ends. Enabling this feature helps prevent missing a response from one of the parties in the transmission.
- LCD Backlight — you can enable or disable the LCD back lighted display.
- Key Touch Tone — a tone sounds to confirm you have made a valid key
- input while a different tone sounds to alert you to an invalid entry.
- EEPROM Memory Backup — the scanner uses a non-volatile EEPROM for memory backup.
- Battery Alert — A battery icon alerts you to a no battery installed
- condition, and a battery low voltage condition. In the operating condition with battery power only (without AC power), an alert tone sounds when the battery needs to be replaced. The backup provides backup for the clock when power is off and will power scanning for a short time.Auto Power Off — turns the scanner off when the battery power gets too low
No. Range (MHz) Mode Default step (kHz)
1 0.5200 - 1.7200 AM (RADIO) 10
2 25.0000 - 29.9950 FM 5
3 30.0000 - 79.9875 FM 12.5
4 80.0000 - 82.9900 FM 10
5 83.0000 - 87.2875 FM 12.5
6 87.3000 - 107.9000 WFM (RADIO) 100
7 108.0000 - 136.9875 AM 12.5
8 137.0000 - 137.9950 FM 5
9 138.0000 - 157.9875 FM 12.5
10 158.0000 - 160.5900 FM 10
11 160.6000 - 162.5875 FM 12.5
12 162.6000 - 173.9900 FM 10
13 406.0000 - 439.9937 FM 6.25
14 440.0000 - 465.9950 FM 5
15 466.0000 - 469.9900 FM 10
16 470.0000 - 512.0000 FM 6.25
17 806.0000 - 960.0000 FM 12.5
Sensitivity (nominal) 12dB SNAD : 0.5 µV 0.52~1.72 MHz
0.3 µV 25~88 MHz
0.4 µV 108~137 MHz
0.3 µV 137~174 MHz
0.3 µV 406~512 MHz
0.4 µV 806~960 MHz
Channels : 300 (30 channels × 10 Banks)
Scan Rate : 50 channels per second
Search Rate : 50 steps per second
Time Accuracy : +/− 20 seconds per month at normal
temperature (25°C ± 5°C)
Audio Output (normal) : 0.9W Max
Power Requirements : 230V AC (±10%) 50Hz
Antenna : Telescoping (included), AM Radio Loop
External Jacks : Antenna jack
AM Radio Antenna Jack
DC 12V Power Jack
Accessories : AC Adapter (AD-973)
Speaker : 8 ohm, 2 watt
Operating Temp : −10°C to +50°C
Storage Temp : −20°C to +60°C
Size : 209(W) × 147.75(D) × 80.7(H) mm
Weight : 600g (without batteries and antenna)
For advice and information, call the shop in Letchworth on 01462 675481